10 Facts You Should Know About Sriracha
Found via OCweekly
- Sriracha was create by 66 year old Vietnamese immigrant to America David Tran.
- Rooster Sauce is made by Huy Fong Foods. Huy Fong was the name of the freighter Tran left Vietnam on.
- The rooster is Tran’s zodiac sign.
- Ingredients: Chilies, sugar, salt, garlic, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate, contains sodium bisulfite and xanthan gum.
- Does not contain water!
- 10 million bottles are produced each year in their factory in Irwindale California. That’s enough for 88 swimming pools worth of sauce.
- Several Sriracha cook books have been produced in the last few years the most popular are: The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 ‘Rooster Sauce’ Recipes That Pack a Punch, The Veggie-Lover’s Sriracha Cookbook: 50 Vegan “Rooster Sauce” Recipes That Pack a Punch, The Sriracha Cookbook: 36 Sriracha Hot Sauce Recipes, The Sriracha Vegan Cookbook: 36 Sriracha Hot Sauce Recipes.
- Recipes include everything ceviche to cornbread to Bloody Marys and even putting it on fruit.
- There are many imitation brands on the market. There are 3 ways to tell it’s real Huy Fong Rooster Sriracha: 1) Does it have a green cap? 2) Does it say made in U.S.A? 3) Does it have a rooster on it? If yes to all three it’s probably real Huy Fong sriracha.
- Sriracha is consistently ranked among the top sauces in America each year.
Posted in Facts
Tagged with: facts